Thursday, November 11, 2010
The beginning of something new? Or the end of something old?
As I eagerly await the coming of a new day, I feel anxious. A feeling in my chest that's long palpitated grows stronger as I near tomorrow. My wits feel both dulled and sharpened as the hours dwindle. My blood racing and burning in my veins like fire let's me know I feel both alive and scared. What could cause all this, you may ask... A girl. Short and simple - a girl. A girl whom I've worked with and liked for the last 2 years or longer. It has come to my attention a short while ago that she had become single, and for the last month or longer, I've contemplated how to approach her. I overheard a conversation she had with a friend of mine about how she is tired of the guys she dates, how she wants a good guy with a good heart who will treat her with the respect she deserves, and she does deserve it. I want to be that guy. I want to show her the hopeless romantic side of me, that chivalry is not dead - so long as I'm still alive, and that there are still good guys out in this world. I've always been the nice guy... maybe too nice. It's made it difficult for me to get a girlfriend because of it because every girl wants a bad guy to turn, they want a good looking guy with the pumped bodies and machismo that melts them into a puddle of effeminate goo on the floor... And then they mature and realize there are better guys out there for them, that will treat them the way they truly want to be treated, deep down, and then it's my turn to shine...
Well, tomorrow I'm gonna shine - and I'm gonna shine bright! I'm gonna show her I'm her Mr. Right! I'm gonna show her that I'm a good enough guy for her, that I'm what she's looking for, and that I'm everything she needs! I just hope what she really wants now is what she says she wants, and that she can see that in me. I guess only time will tell... By tomorrow evening, all the doubts that question my mind will be answered, and I will either begin a new journey of love, or have a tragic end befall a long awaited chance at happiness... Will this be the beginning of something new? Or the end of something old...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment